The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program is a free provider that permits U.S. citizens touring or living abroad to get hold of the trendy protection updates from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Benefits of enrolling in STEP:
- You’ll receive the state-of-the-art protection and safety statistics to your destination u . s . a ., so you could make informed selections approximately your tour.
- The statistics you offer permits the U.S. embassy or consulate to touch you in an emergency.
When you enroll in STEP, you will get hold of cutting-edge data about your vacation spot u . s ., including:
- Alerts from the U.S. Embassy approximately safety and protection situations.
- Updates to the u . s .’s Travel Advisory.
- Messages approximately U.S. embassy activities and services, which include metropolis corridor conferences, vote casting information, federal benefits, and U.S. citizens’ felony obligations (taxes, selective provider registration, and many others.).
Set up one account, after which upload journeys later for all of your destiny journey plans!
Enrolling in STEP will help the U.S. embassy contact you and offer assistance during an emergency foreign places. And, if your circle of relatives or buddies in the U.S. are having problem contacting you with pressing information whilst you’re visiting, we can use the facts in STEP to try to attain you.
Become a Smart Traveler Now!
Check right here for a list of ways to acquire safety and safety facts from the U.S. Department of State.
Your Privacy Is Paramount
The U.S. Department of State is devoted to ensuring that any non-public data acquired through our remote places U.S. embassies and consulates via the STEP manner, whether in individual or in any other case, is safeguarded towards unauthorized disclosure. The statistics which you offer the U.S. Department of State is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act (five USC 552a). This approach that the U.S. Department of State will no longer expose the information you offer us to your STEP utility to any third events unless you have got given us written authorization to do so, or except the disclosure is otherwise permitted via the Privacy Act. For additional records, please see the Department of State’s website.